Arizona Restaurant Week: Cheuvront

by Jenn (eating bender) on September 25, 2012

The Arizona Restaurant Week adventures continued last Friday with a trip to Cheuvront.

After meeting Nicole for coffee earlier in the week, she was sweet enough to invite me to an Arizona blogger group dinner. I was so excited to meet new people while trying out a delicious meal that I quickly said yes. The pre fixe menu looked amazing.

For restaurant week we were able to choose an appetizer, second course and dessert. If you paid a little extra you also received a wine pairing with each dish. Several of us went that route, myself included. I’m guessing you’re not surprised.

For my appetizer I chose the goat cheese salad, which was comprised of fried goat cheese tossed with mixed greens, tomatoes, peppers and walnuts in a champagne vinaigrette. It was paired with a white wine called Araldica Gavi, and the combination was very tasty.

For my main dish, I chose the lamb burger, which was served on a brioche bun, topped with Humbolt fog cheese and drizzled with truffle oil. The burger was insanely good, a melt-in-your mouth kind of meal that I couldn’t get enough of. The fries would have been better if they were sweet potato but overall, I was very happy with my choice!

The wine pairing with dinner was an Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon, by far my favorite of the night.

For dessert, I chose the cranberry bread pudding, which was served with a Noval Port. While I just can’t get into port wine, I could definitely enjoy the bread pudding. Picture a perfect balance of warm, crumbly muffin filled with chewy nuts and cranberries, then topped with fresh whipped cream and caramel. Two thumbs way up.

The entire group agreed that Cheuvront was a hit. I had such a great time getting to know these ladies and look forward to getting together again soon! Clockwise from the left: Nicole, me, Megan, Robin, Emily, Remy and Ari.

One other exciting thing that happened over the weekend: we made our first offer on a house!

We went out for a celebratory drink afterward. Even though there is still a long road ahead, we’ve taken the first step and we’re excited to see where we end up. Both Bobby and I love this house but are doing the “I’m trying not to get too attached” dance.

Side note: Papago Orange Blossom is an amazing beer. This description may sound appealing to some and not so to others, but it literally tastes like an orange vanilla creamsicle in beer form.

One last question…

Did anyone see last night’s football game?!

I still can’t believe it. I know Seahawks fans who say the Packers were the true winners. Even though I’m biased, I can honestly say that I have never seen such a crazy – read: wrong – call decide the outcome of a game like that. It was madness. Can the refs please come back now?

1 Melissa September 25, 2012 at 10:17 am

I am not a Seahawks or Packers fan but that was just madness. The NFL should be embarrassed about the quality of refs they are putting out there on the field – they make a lot of money too!
Melissa recently posted..Rookees – Ventura, CAMy Profile

2 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Thank you!! I’m SO glad that the refs are back tonight.

3 Erica September 25, 2012 at 10:32 am

This whole ref situation is PURE madness. CONGRATS on putting in the offer- so exciting. I love that you’re already getting into the AZ blogging scene. That goat cheese salad looks amazing
Erica recently posted..Fall (?) WeekendMy Profile

4 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Thank goodness it’s over as of tonight!! Thanks, lovely lady. :)

5 emily (a nutritionist eats) September 25, 2012 at 10:32 am

What a great welcome to AZ dinner! And congrats on the house, how exciting!
emily (a nutritionist eats) recently posted..simple & healthy: pesto fish packetsMy Profile

6 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Thanks, Emily!!

7 Ari @ Ari's Menu September 25, 2012 at 11:07 am

Congrats on putting an offer down!! Fingers crossed that it all works out! Also, I love the everything about Papago, and that beer!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Gingery Beef & BroccoliMy Profile

8 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Thanks, Ari! So glad to find another Papago fan. We’ll have to have some during our next restaurant outing. :)

9 Maureen September 25, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Here in the heart of Packer Country, you can feel the disgust. I’ve been listening to talk radio all day – and they have filled hours with this topic! I know it is early in the season and it is just one game, but if that one game makes or breaks the season – Goodell should resign.

Chin up!

10 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I can only imagine the uproar following the game. Wish I could have heard some of it! Glad the refs are back – here’s hoping that game won’t determine whether they make the playoffs. If it does, I completely agree with you.

11 BroccoliHut September 25, 2012 at 5:07 pm

What a great way to get to know people! You’ve inspired me to try to get more involved in my local blogging scene…

12 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Glad I could inspire you to do so – it’s really awesome!!

13 Marianne September 26, 2012 at 2:20 am

Congrats on the house offer! Very exciting. I can only dream of the day when I might get to do the same thing – housing prices in Vancouver are, well, insane. But it’s good to dream!

And although I can’t understand the allure of football, I have seen all over the interweb/news/etc the debacle that was the game last night. Not gonna lie though – I mostly just wish hockey was back playing šŸ˜‰
Marianne recently posted..Welcome To Internship!My Profile

14 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Thanks, Marianne! Sorry to hear that housing prices are crazy in Vancouver. And sorry to hear that you don’t like football. šŸ˜‰ Haha! My husband loves hockey, too!

15 glidingcalm September 27, 2012 at 8:43 am

1) my facebook was FILLED with comments about that football game! I was at a grad school info session, so I didn’t get to see it, but apparently it was pretty bananas!

2) that meal looks wonderfuuuuuuuuul! Yay for fun blogging friends in your city! šŸ˜€ I love port wine, but I think that’s just because it was one of first alcoholic drinks I ever tasted, as sometimes my dad would let me have a sip of his glass! that fog cheese looks and sounds interesting…….what did it taste like? and heck yeah for wine pairings. I’d have gone that route too! šŸ˜€

3) yay for looking at houses!! what a fun, NEXT STEP in your relationship with Bobby! also do you guys have any pets yet? and if so, would you get one/any? ill keep my fingers crossed for youuuu!!!
glidingcalm recently posted..Bison Taco Salads!My Profile

16 Jenn (eating bender) September 27, 2012 at 11:02 pm

1) It was definitely bananas! Thank goodness the real refs are back!

2) It’s always great to hang out with blogging friends in the same city. And to think it all began with a certain someone! The fog cheese tasted a lot like regular goat cheese…it was delicious! Glad you agree on the wine pairings. šŸ˜‰

3) It’s a really fun next chapter in our lives! No pets quite yet. It’s tough because Papa B. is highly allergic to all things fur and has asthma to boot, so we really can’t get anything because then he could never come visit us! Perhaps we will get a bird – I used to have a parakeet and loved him!

Love you, GC!

17 glidingcalm September 27, 2012 at 11:26 pm

:) !
glidingcalm recently posted..Bison Taco Salads!My Profile

18 celebrities June 1, 2013 at 9:03 am

Appreciating the time and energy you put into
your website and detailed information you provide. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed information.
Great read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding
your RSS feeds to my Google account.
celebrities recently posted..celebritiesMy Profile